Our registration is a rolling process with no set deadline before the quarter starts. However if you need a visa through our Chinese Language Center, then you should leave approximately 4-6 weeks for the application process. You will need our original Admission Approval Letter to apply for your visa and this takes time to prepare and post.
The application is easy. Just submit the documents below to us via email or fax:
Feng Chia University Chinese Language Center
- A completed application (or apply now online!)
Download our application. (ODT)
Download our application. (DOCX)
- A copy of passport photo page. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- An original bank statement dated within the last 3 months, showing at least US$ 2,000 from the applicant's or his/her sponsor's account. The bank statement must have the applicant's or sponsor's name and the amount of money available in U.S. or any foreign currency. The sponsor needs to fill in a Financial Guarantee (ODT) Financial Guarantee (DOCX)
(Note: those who already have an ARC or Taiwanese ID do not need to submit a financial statement.)
- A study plan, stating study goals, details of Mandarin language ability, and reasons for wanting to study Mandarin
- A X-Ray check for Tuberculosis medical report in English or in Chinese within 3 months before the course begin day
(If you do not give us the medical report, you can go to Lin Sin Hospital which the school works with to have a Chest X-Ray checkup after arriving in Taiwan. The fee is NTD$160. The report will be available after 10 days.
You can ask them to send it to our office, so you don’t have to go there again.
Here is our office’s address：407台中市西屯區文華路100號 華語中心)
- Vietnamese applicants also have to hand in the following two documents:
a. Diploma of the highest degree and transcripts for all semesters (need to be translated into Mandarin or English)
b. Certificate of Language Proficiency Test as follows: 1) TOCFLTest for at least Level 1(Band A), 2) TOEFL Test (iBT) for at least 18 points, (pBT) for at least 340 points, 3) TOEIC for at least 300 points, 4) IELTS for at least 2.5 points.
The actual registration period starts one week prior to the start of the term. You must then register in person at the Chinese Language Center office, with your passport.
When you have time, have a look at these documents: